November 30, 2011

Cajun Chicken Pasta

I've been experimenting with Pinterest recipes.  Here's the thing...I'm used to Pioneer Woman recipes and Peanut Butter Runner recipes that are perfect as is.  Pinterest recipes I've discovered are not so much.  They usually require adding one ingredient, removing another, adjusting quantities.  This one was particularly jacked up, but I managed to salvage it and it turned out quite tasty.


Cajun Chicken Pasta

3 chicken breasts (I substituted for 1 lb of shrimp)
8 ounces pasta, cooked al dente (called for linguine, I used penne)
4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning (I used Tony Chachere's...note, the hot is HOT...only use 3 tsps of it)
1/4 cup onion chopped
1 tablespoon of EVOO
1cup heavy whipping cream (I used half and half)
4 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried basil (fresh would have been good if i had it)
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (I used a giant clove of fresh garlic minced)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
1. Place shrimp and Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper, basil, garlic and sun dried tomatoes in a bowl and toss to coat.

2. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onions.

3. Reduce heat add cream. Add shrimp and spice mix and heat through.  I had to add a bit of flour to the sauce to thicken it up.

4. Pour over hot pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment