January 22, 2013

Nursery Inspiration

 
Me needing a nursery is MUCH, MUCH farther away than my birthday, but being the planner I am I can't help saving inspiration when I come across nurseries I like.  Here is what I like about this one.
 
The modern crib with other, mostly traditional, furniture.  The gray rocker and ottoman...although I'm not sold on the contrast piping.  Yes it ties all the white together, but it might be a little too matchy matchy.  The garden stool next to the rocker.  While I like the lookf of it, I don't know how practical it would be.  A side table might be better and a floor lamp to give some light to that corner since I hate overhead lighting.  Speaking of overhead lighting, I do like the whimsy this fixture adds to the room but I'm not sure I'd use the same thing...maybe just something more interesting that the builder specials that are normally in bedrooms.  The dresser, although I think I'd like dark wood instead a. so it wouldn't be so matchy and b. so it could be used later in a bedroom.  I like the gray and the white and don't think navy is a bad additiona to the color scheme, but I doubt I'll have peach in my nursery since its one of my least favorite colors nor will I have wall paper/and accent wall.  I'm strongly against accent walls and usually only like wall paper in small bathrooms...even then you have to be careful of the paper you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment