October 12, 2011

Short and Sweet

Don't read into this post too much...I'm not planning to get married any time soon...I just run across pictures and get inspired every now and again.

Today I was looking at some blog and it made me think how fun it would be to wear a short wedding dress.  I've never wanted a super formal wedding so it might actually work for me someday.  The older I get the less I can imagine a traditional bridal gown on myself.

I like this 3/4 length sleeved shift style best because its a modern and sophisticated take on a retro classic.  I think something with too full of a skirt might look too sweet or juvenile for me personally.


The one above is Diane von Furstenberg...its been worn in other colors by the likes of Brooklyn Decker and Lauren Conrad...it has an exposed zipper in the back which makes me like it even more...the only problem is that it might hug some of my curves a little too closely.


This one by Tibi doesn't look quite so tight.  Both of these dresses could be worn with a simple elbow length veil and some killer pumps in either nude or gold.


This one is way more casual since there isn't any lace detailing, but I think that means you could wear it with a lace trimmed veil.  Its Rag and Bone and you can't see from the pic but there are some pockets on the front that I don't totally dig...mostly I just like the simple shape/cut of this dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment