May 23, 2013

I Love Lamp (In Kitchens)

There is a blog I started following a few years ago written by a decorator that is based in Atlanta...I think its called Design to Inspire or something like that.  Most of the time I just skim through her posts because her style doesn't quite match mine, but every now and then she writes a post that really gets me thinking.  A few years ago she posted one about brick patterns inside fire places which I had never thought about.  I think I spent and entire 6 mile run along the Chattahoochee telling Katie all about it (my preference is herringbone in case you were wondering).  Anyways, I particularly liked today's post for a variety of reasons...
 
 
The post was about lamps in kitchens.  The pic above is from Ina Garten's kitchen...she thinks lamps in kitchens make the room feel more homey and less like a laboratory. I agree.  The cord was either photoshoped out or it is a custom set up to hide the cord...pretty cool.

What I like about this kitchen is really the beams, the windows and the dual islands...one for food prep and one for eating.  This kitchen would be ideal for moms making dinner while supervising kids doing homework.

 
Such a big table IN the kitchen?  Not sure I could deal with this.

 
Love the shelves on the side of the island.  Also love the couch at the table...how many times have you been so full after dinner that you just wanted to lay down on a couch? Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment