February 9, 2012

The Prefect Chambray Search

I've been on the hunt for the perfect chambray shirt for quite a while now.  I found a few at Madewell...one was too distressed and one was a shrunken fit...seriously, chambray shirts are supposed to look effortlessly chic, who wants a tight one, really?!  Then there was one at J.Crew...they showed it on a model with a black suit skirt and I got really jazzed about the idea of wearing chambray to work and still looking professional...but their shirt was way stiff and way boxy.

I was just about to give up on getting a chambray shirt when I spotted the perfect one on a friend of Alex's over New Year's.  She just had it on with leggings and while I'm usually opposed to leggings as pants it totally worked since the shirt was long and oversized. The girl who was wearing it has such a cool style and I was embarrassed to ask her where she got it from.  Then while returning something at Urban today I spotted the shirt again!


Once again the pic does not do it justice, just trust me on this one.  Also trust me when I say I will never wear mine tucked into a skin tight mini skirt.


Of course I had to also scope one out for Alex since he mentioned wanting a Canadian tuxedo the other night.  This one is also from Urban.  Of course I'll have to work on him when it comes to choosing what to wear it with.  He knows that his normal jeans just won't do (we've gone over looking too monochromatic many times before) but he seems to think that dark jeans = fancy jeans so he won't wear them.  Maybe this shirt will change his mind.  Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment