July 21, 2010

This Will Not be the View from my 'Office' Anytime Soon


Its been a while since I posted anything about my dream job as Mumford and Sons' personal assistant...mostly because it was just a dream in my head and not anything I was actually pursuing.

I made up my mind today that I should at least ask about the possibility of becoming Mumford and Sons' assistant - there's no harm in asking right?

Wrong...my dreams have been crushed, at least temporarily. I found the email address for the band's manager on their MySpace page and decided to send her a quick email (not at all expecting any sort of response). Less than 30 minutes later I received the following verbose response, "Thanks for your email. We are not looking for an assistant."

While it was not the response I was looking for, (YES!!! Can you start immediately? would have been more ideal) I'm not totally discouraged..and I'm greatful for the quick response...I can only imagine what kind of crazy day dreams I would have come up with if I would have had to wait any longer which would have only lead to further dissapointment.

I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait for them to realize how much they need me in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment