March 19, 2012

Gear Revival

Sorry for the lack of posts recently...work has been crazy.  I don't see it settling down any time soon but I'm still going to do my best to get posts to you guys whenever I can!


Last weekend while I was in Asheville I was flipping through the Blue Ridge Outdoors publication and came across an ad for a store called Gear Revival in Atlanta.  I'd never heard of it but thought it was worth looking into.  I first checked their website: http://www.thegearrevival.com/.  And it sounded like it was sort of like a Plato's closet for outdoorsy people...you can take used clothes, gear, etc and either try to sell it on consignment or they will give you cash/store credit for whatever you bring in (you get more back if you do store credit).

I had a few jackets I no longer wear and decided to take them in on Sunday.  That's when I found out it's also kind of like a Marshall's or TJ Max for outdoor stuff.  They have tons of brand new stuff to at really good prices.  They said its all either last season or from other stores that close and Gear Revival buys up their inventory or from store samples.

Alex got a really nice pair of Patagonia shorts for $20 and I got my brother a dry fit Mountain Hardware shirt for his birthday for $12!  Its def worth checking out...I wish I would have know about it a lot sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment