June 8, 2010

All About Me, A to Z.

A lot of things I do and say elicit the response "Who are you?" I thought it was only fair to share a little about myself just to be up front.

A – Anthropologie. I am a self-confessed Anthropologie Addict. I visit an Anthropologie store once weekly and their website daily to stay up-to-date on new arrivals. Maybe it’s the racks of fab clothes, or the colorful, eclectic home furnishings, or the smell of burning Capri Blue candles, whatever it is, it’s my happy place.


B – Beards. I recently told a friend I liked his beard. I think he thought I was joking, but it was an honest and sincere complement. Beards are so hot.


C – Champagne. My drink of choice.


D – Diet Coke. My drink of choice when Champagne is not an appropriate option (at work and church…any other time Champagne is appropriate in my mind…no need for a special occasion).


E – Elliptical. I have basically no athletic ability, but I can elliptical like no one’s business.


F – Friends and Family. I adore my friends and family. They are the reason I am the way I am and I’m so thankful for that.


G – Guacamole. One of my top 3 favorite foods. The other two are hotdogs and homemade mac n’ cheese, duh.


H – Hardcore parkour. What can I say, I’m a natural.


I – I’ll kick you square in the taco. Best Glee quote ever.


J – Jesus Christ, my personal lord and savior.


K – Koozie. I have a koozie with me at all times, you never know when you might need one.


L – Late Night Dance Party. One of my favorite pastimes. I am the master of the shimmy.


M – Mixed CDs. I may be the only person who still makes them, it is just one of my many talents.


N – Neat freak. My roommate freshman year of college made me make my bed every morning as soon as I got up. She also vacuumed our floor on a daily basis…it stuck with me. My house is always clean…not just when guests are coming over. Sometimes I even find myself tidying up friends houses when no one is looking.


O – Original gangster. I’m a closet rap aficionado.


P – Prairie Dogs. When I was little I jumped into the prairie dog exhibit at the Des Moines zoo because it only had a retaining wall and not a fence and looked like a good place for me to run around and get up close and personal with the animals. What can I say, I do what I want.


Q – I’ve got nothing.


R – Robert Pattinson. My dream guy…tall, dark, and handsome, usually sporting some sort of beard in the form of stubble, a little nerdy which I find endearing, and dresses like a homeless person…I have always been into the rugged look.


S – Seattle. If I could live anywhere in the US it might be Seattle, I love everything about it. Pike’s Place Market, Mt. Rainer, the fact that Grey’s Anatomy set there, and its proximity to Forks, WA.


T – Twilight. Are you seeing the pattern yet? I have read the books and seen the movies more times that I care to admit, but I’m not ashamed. I even own an “I love Edward Cullen” t-shirt.


U – U is a useless letter, I’m not spending anymore time trying to come up with something for U.


V – Vanilla almond crunch granola. I eat it every morning with yogurt…that’s what two years in Boone will do to you.


W – Whipped cream. I LOVE homemade whipped cream; I could seriously eat it by the spoonful.


X – XX. My new favorite band…that and I didn’t have many things to choose from for X.


Y – Young Life. I was a very involved Young Life kid in high school, went through leader training my freshman year of college but chickened out an never became a leader, and now I serve on committee in North Fulton. I have a huge heart for the ministry.


Z – Zuma. Hands down the best sushi place in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment