June 21, 2010

Summer 2010 Soundtrack

Ever since I first heard the Garden State soundtrack I've had mad appreciation for a good soundtrack. While good soundtracks from beginning to end are few and far between I can usually count on finding a new song/artist here and there on the soundtracks of new movies I like.

I've decided to put together my own soundtrack for this summer...if Zach Braff starred in a movie about my summer this year here is what would be on the soundtrack:

Al Green - Love and Happiness


Alberta Cross - Old Man Chicago


Andrew Belle featuring Katie Herzig - Static Waves


Black Gold - Shine


The Black Keys - Tighten Up


Blind Pilot - Story I Heard


Bon Iver - Blood Bank


Broken Bells - Vaporize


The Features - Lions


Fruit Bats - Primitive Man


Great Lake Swimmers - Pulling on a Line


Johnny Flynn - The Box


M. Ward - Paul's Song


The Morning Benders - Waiting for a War


Mumford and Sons - After the Storm


William Fitzsimmons - Passion Play


The XX - Heart Skipped a Beat


Let me know if there are any good songs I missed...who knows, the summer soundtrack may end up being a 2 disc CD set.

Also look for my LNDP (Late Night Dance Party) mix coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment