October 12, 2010

I Love this Kid!



Chord Overstreet has dived right into making headlines.  Aside from joining the cast of Glee as McKinley High's new quarterback Sam Evans, the actor, 21, has been spotted kissing and holding hands with newly single Rumer Willis.  But there's more to Overstreet than a famous gal pal, shaggy hair and big lips. Here are five things to know about the Nashville-bred blond:

1. His Glee character may be gay.  While Overstreet has been mum on rumors that his character will become Kurt Hummel [played by Chris Colfer]'s new love interest, Jane Lynch may have spilled the beans. "He's tall, boyish, with straight blond hair and big fat, pouty lips," the actress told E! Online, when describing the boy they've cast to play Kurt's beau. As for Overstreet, "They haven't revealed anything about my character in a relationship way [yet]," he told Vanity Fair. "But I think we'll find out soon enough."

2. Chord is Overstreet's birth name, not a stage name.  "I have four sisters and one brother – and I was the third one born," Overstreet explained to Vanity Fair. "There are three notes in a chord, so that's how I got that name. My dad's in the music business, so he gave me a musical name." Chord's dad, Paul Overstreet, is a songwriter who has written for country artists, including Kenny Chesney, The Judds and Randy Travis.

3. He has a Twilight connection.  Overstreet will be on the big-screen alongside stars Kellan Lutz and Ashley Greene in 2011's action flick, Warrior, in which the two Twilight siblings will play love interests.

4. He's close pals off-set with his Glee costar Mark Salling.  Overstreet, who frequently Tweets Salling, recently joked to his pal, "I'm flattered I'm the last thing that you think of before you go to bed. Wait!...Does that mean ur dreaming of me??" The musical men also spent a recent weekend together in Vegas, with Willis in tow.

5. He's accepted the fact that his large mouth is the butt of jokes. In Overstreet's first Glee episode, Puck [Mark Salling] says, "Dude, your mouth is huge. How many tennis balls can you fit in there?" Instead of getting offended, Overstreet got a kick out of the script. "I laughed when I read that," Overstreet told Zap2it. "I mean, I always get compliments or comments on my lips because I do have big lips."

No comments:

Post a Comment