May 11, 2011

Business In the Front, Party In the Back

I've been struggling trying to find a dress to wear to my brother's wedding...
  • Its a daytime wedding at a winery in Sonoma Valley, California so it's not too fancy
  • I have been instructed by the bride to wear something in the ivory/nude family which means that it won't be as easy to find another occasion to wear the dress to.
  • Every dress I have found that fits the bill is over $300 and if I can't wear it again that seems like such a waste even thought it is a special occasion.
Today I came across this:


Business in the front...


party in the back!

The color will still fit with the color scheme but its not so light that I couldn't wear it again to a wedding.  Its dressy, but not stuffy especially with that cut out in the back...AND its on sale for the low, low price of $125.  I'm thinking about ordering it just to see what it looks like in person.  My only concern is that it will look too monochromatic on with my coloring...but that is what you get for choosing a neutral color scheme...lame!

What do y'all think of this option?  Of course I still like the ivory one from BHLDN, but its more than twice as much and couldn't be worn to another event because it looks way too much like a rehearsal dinner dress for most normal people.

1 comment:

  1. I like it--looks cute and comfy! My only concern would be the bra situation.

    ReplyDelete