May 24, 2011

WHITE JEANS!!!

Sorry for the lack of posts...I was crazy busy at work last week and I had a medical emergency yesterday.  It's kind of embarrassing so I wasn't going to share it, but I don't want anyone worrying that I'm on my death bed.

I get strange cravings quite frequently, yesterday it was for Ramen.  I took the boiling hot water out of the microwave with a little too much zeal and ended up sloshing scalding hot water all over my hands.  Since I'd never burned myself I had no idea how to handle the situation.  I kept my hand under cold running water for the rest of my lunch break because that was the only thing I could think of to do to alleviate the burning but as soon as I turned the water off I was in excruciating pain again.

I called my doctor's office to see if I should just suck it up, but they said it sounded like I needed to come in to get it checked out.  So, naturally I felt like I needed a little retail therapy following this incident.


As you know, I've been dying for a pair of white jeans but can't seem to find any that don't make my legs look like saussages stuffed into casing or that aren't see through. 

I made a pit stop at Gap to look for some new intimates (Gap Body always has great sale stuff) and came across these.  They are the long and lean cut in white wash (obviously).  I went up a size bigger than what I normally wear because because no one wants to be seen in too small white jeans and they fit like a dream...they are actually flattering.

I was so proud of my purchase that I pointed out to Alex that I hadn't spent more than $100 on jeans in at least two years.  After I got started with designer jeans I figured I'd never go back to anything else because they fit so good and look so good on, but for trendier styles like boyfriend jeans, skinny jeans and now white jeans I like to find an affordable pair to see if I like them before making the investment in designer jeans.  Its hit or miss but usually Gap, Ann Taylor Loft or Madewell will have a version I like at a price I'm willing to spend to try the style out...and a lot of times I get more compliments on my cheap jeans than I do on the expensive ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment