May 5, 2011

C-O-L-O-R

Those of you who know me know I don't shy away from color.

My closet is color coded...the black/brown/nude sections are pretty much non-existent.  There is a good bit of gray, but that is only because it was my color of the year in 2010...side note:

Each year I pick a color I'd like to start buying more of so I can be on the look out for clothes that look good on me in that color because I've been known to get into color ruts where I don't branch out at all.  I picked gray because it always looks chic and understated, like you're not trying to hard even when you are.  Its out of character for me but if I had to pic a neutral to wear it would def be gray.

This year my color of the year is blue...be sure to compliment me every time you see me wearing blue, its not a color I'm used to sporting, but I'm starting to like it.

Anyways...my friend Katrina sent me this today and said that if she had to pick out colors to describe me these would be they:


What she doesn't know it that I saw the same pic this morning and thought to myself, that is so me...obvi Katrina knows me pretty well because they are spot on, especially the magenta...and not to mention the confetti - I love confetti...which brings me to another different but some what related idea...


I'm going to start sending out hand made cards like the one above that say "I wanna party with you" when I need some quality time with a friend.  Of course this will slightly infuriate SHB because she hates confetti and glitter but I'll plan something fab for the two of us to do together that will totally make it up to her.

I just think its such a fun way to say "let's hang out" and if its unexpected it will be all the more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment