August 10, 2011

Design Inspiration

Did y'all think I went on vacation again without telling you?  Nope.  I just haven't been coming across a whole lot of blog worthy stuff recently...and I've been having to work. Hard.

Here are a few design pics I've saved recently.  I have no idea where they came from but if you really want to know I can probably track it down.  I know Katrina is going to read this and think that is the exact reason I should get on Pintrest...I know, I know, someday I'm going to get with the program and start Pining.


So...I know this is clearly a fire pit intended for the beach but I kind of like it for the backyard too...I'm not sure why you'd ever move your fire pit all that much but I like the idea of mobility none the less.  I also like the industrial look and feel.  I know I'm getting a little bit ahead of myself seeing as I don't even have a house with a yard, but at least I'm being realistic and not putting up a pic of a full on outdoor fireplace...for now.


I've always had a fascination with Moroccan star light fixtures...this one wouldn't let off a whole lot of light but I still think its cool.  When I live in Boone one of the houses on King Street had a glass Moroccan star light on the stoop over their front door...I loved it and will have a house I can do it at some day!


I have no idea what kind of tree that is, but I want one...if it came in a hammered oil rubbed bronzed pot like the one in the picture I'd like that a whole lot too!


I don't love these per say, but I've really been loving the idea of bedside lights that are attached to the wall rather than taking up space on the bedside table.


I want NEED a breakfast nook like this someday...only my chairs would be cuter and way more comfortable!  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the tufted sectional and bright colors though!


I really like that drift wood wreath over the bed...I started following that girl's blog after I saw this pic...I'll let you know if it ends up being one worth checking on a regular basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment