August 11, 2011

Someday...


Someday I'm going to have a nursery like this one.


Here's what I love about it:

1. Its not juvenile.  I totally get that you have to be age appropriate when raising kids, but some people take it too far.  My kids will never have a Dora the Explorer themed room...or whatever the cool cartoon is when they finally come into this world.

2. Its not gender specific.  In my head this means you can splurge a bit more because what works for baby #1 can be used again for baby number two even if one is a boy and one is a girl.  You can always swap out a few pillows or decorative pieces to make it a little more gender specific if you wanted to but its certainly not a requirement in my mind.

3.  The room doesn't look bare.  I've seen so many nurseries that look pretty much like empty rooms...this one looks full.  Why not have a couch in the nursery?  Maybe mama wants to spread out and relax ok?

4. Other randoms...the paint color.  The bookshelves framing the crib - genius!  The art is colorful yet grown up...who knows they could have plucked it from another room in their house and they can put it right back there when its time to upgrade to a children's room.  Roman shades seem like a good idea for this room too and I love how the pic between the windows overlaps the actual windows...because how hard is it sometimes to find art you like that is the exact size you need for a given space!

5. I don't particularly care for that little furry rug under the ottoman (what is it doing there, really?) but that could easily be removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment