September 29, 2011

A VERY Tasty Chili Recipe

I can follow just about any recipe, but last night I decided to get a little creative...since you can't really screw up chili.  I looked at The Peanut Butter Runner "Dad's Chili" recipe and the Pioneer Woman "Chili Frito Pie" recipe and took a little from both...and I must say it turned out pretty well so I'm sharing the recipe.  I also made Jiffy cornbread from the box but added a cup of shredded cheddar cheese and 4 table spoons of diced jalapenos and it was mighty tasty!



3 cloves garlic minced
1 large onion
1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
1 can (12 To 14 Ounce) Tomato Sauce
1 can (10 Ounce) Ro-tel (diced Tomatoes And Chilies)
1/2 cup Warm Water
2 - 4 tbsp chili powder (to taste...I used 2.5)
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp cumin
1 teaspoon Ground Oregano
16 oz kidney beans Drained And Rinsed
16 oz Pinto beans Drained And Rinsed

1. Brown meat and onions. Drain well and wipe out pan.
2. Add all ingredients and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
3. Serve with your choice of chili condiments I like hot sauce, sour cream, cheddar cheese and oyster crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment