October 12, 2012

Home Decor Inspiration


I blame Douger for starting the dry erase calendar trend, but I have to admit it is helpful to have our schedules in an easy to see place at all times.  I'm thinking about turning our calendar wall into more of a command central like this since we literally have an entire wall just devoted to two calendars!


The kitchen table I had at my condo didn't work at this house so now we have two kitchen tables.  I'm thinking the one we're using now could be used as a "desk" kind of like in the office pictured above in the future.  I'm pretty sure this is Jenna Lyon's J.Crew office...its pretty much what my office looks like too!


I really like the set up of this living room...mostly because it provides so much seating!  I also like tons of details like the Moroccan side table next to that chair on the left and the picture frames hung on the OUTSIDE of the book case!


Pretty sure Ikea would sell a simple shaker style vanity like this which could easily be transformed with a coat of gray paint to look fab like this one.  I swear by Annie Sloan paint for doing furniture.  You can not mess up.  You don't have to sand.  And something like this could be done (including dry time) in an hour or two! 


We keep our dish towel on the oven bar and since we have a small kitchen its really not a big deal, but I love the idea of actually having a towel bar by the sink where it will be used!

No comments:

Post a Comment