August 3, 2010

How to Become and Expert Anthropologie Shopper

I feel like its only fair I share a few tips with you so you can become master Anthropologie shoppers just like me.

1. Sign up for an Anthro card (http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/user/myanthro_signup.jsp) With an Anthro card you get a coupon for 15% off the month of your birthday every year. I signed my mom up too (using my address) so I also get her coupon every year (technically I think of it as my half birthday coupon).

In addition you also get free shipping offers quite frequently and you don't have to keep your receipts, the card keeps track of all your purchases electronically...which leads to my next bit of advice...

2. Anthropologie will adjust the price of anything you buy if it goes on sale within 14 days of when you bought it. For example...I bought this cute shirt on Saturday:


It went on sale for half price today.

NOTE: Most of the time Anthro puts stuff on sale on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I simply went to Anthro and had them look up the transaction and give me credit for the difference. A normal person probably would have just kept the credit, but an Anthro affectionado like myself would do something like picking up this sweater (which also went on sale today).


In my mind its like I got a shirt for free.

3. Create a Wishlist (or 2 or 3). I make Wishlists on Anthro for my birthday and for Christmas so my friends and family know exactly what I have my eye on...but I also have several other Wishlists that I keep for my own personal benefit. I have one for clothes I see online that I love...I add them to one Wishlist so I can look at them everyday and think about how much I love them, but also so that I can remember to look for them in the store to make sure they are as great in person as they are online.

I also have one for home and one for shoes/bags/accessories.

Finally I have one called 'Only if On Sale.' Here I keep track of everything I like that I want, but think will go on sale at some point and is worth waiting for.

NOTE: Use your own discretion with this, some things are so cute everyone will want them, the will get snatched up in your size, and they will never go on sale.

I check my Wishlists daily to see if anything has gone on sale rather than having to go through the entire Sale site (You don't have to do it everyday if you want to risk your item selling out...I don't like to take that chance very often).

I also use the 'New Arrivals' feature. The top left button on each tab (clothes, shoes/bags, accessories, and home) is called New Arrivals...if you click it you can see what's is new rather than having to look through the whole site.


That's all for now...hope this help you out...I can't tell you what a happy day I've had so far today just by using these little tips in my own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment